Kenesseth Israel Congregation
Kenesseth Israel Congregation is the oldest Orthodox Jewish congregation in Minnesota, having been founded in 1981 as the first congregation on the North Side. This location, 518 Lyndale Avenue North, was opened in 1913 and the congregation remained there until 1948 when they buy Homewood Presbyterian Church at 2309 Plymouth Avenue North and sells its Lyndale building to the First Church of God in Christ.
For more background information, view the MNopedia entry written on the history of the congregation. The records of Kenesseth Israel Congregation are housed in the Upper Midwest Jewish Archives -- view the collection guide here.