II: Revolutionary Cuba (Cuba after 1959)
The Cuban Revolution of 1959 was the outcome of a struggle to end the dictatorship of a military dictator, General Fulgencio Batista, established after a coup d'etat in 1952. But it grew and transformed itself into a socio-political, and economic revolution that transformed Cuban society and culture, and established a Marxist-Leninist government. The Cuban Revolutionary Government is still the arbiter of Cuba's destiny, 56 years after its inception.
CASE II: REVOLUTIONARY CUBA (Cuba after 1959)
1. The Rise of the Cuban Revolutionary Government (1959-1961)
2. External Threats and Consolidation (1961-1976)
3. Making the World Safe for Revolution (1962-1989)
4. Dissent and Repression (1959-1990)
5. Questioning, Change and Survival (1990-2015)
Notice: Click on any image for respective credit and source information.